Last Updated: February 24, 2021
I. What kind of information do we collect from you when you visit our site?
When you visit www.moonhollow.com, our stats package from Google collects some basic information about your IP address and browser. Examples are things like what type of browser and operating system are you using; how long you stayed on our site; what pages you looked at. This helps us understand how visitors browse our site, so that we can make their shopping experience better. For purposes of site analytics, your information is aggregated with our other users.
We also collect personal information about you when you check out of our store including your birthdate, name, address, zip code and telephone number. We need this information to process payment and ship merchandise to you. When you receive alcoholic beverages that you order from us, you must present your photo identification to the delivery service to prove you are at least 21 years old.
II. Sharing of personal information
We use personal information collected for the following purposes:
• Security. We use your name and email address to securely confirm your identity.
• Processing Transactions and Requests. We use your personal information to process your transactions, inquiries and requests; and to communicate with you regarding the status of your transactions, inquiries and requests. We may communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, and/or text message. You will have the right to unsubscribe from our notification services at any time by contacting [email protected] and asking to be deleted from our mailing and telephone lists. You will continue to receive notifications regarding your pending orders until they are delivered to you.
• Improving our Site. We may use your personal information to enhance the services we provide and to personalize your experience with Moon Hollow. We use your IP address and browser information (aggregated with other users) to improve our Site and better understand and serve our visitors and customers.
• Providing Information. We may deliver information that is targeted to your interests, such as product offerings, administrative notices, and communications relevant to your use of the Site. By accepting Moon Hollow’s Site policies through use of the Site, you expressly agree to receive this information. You may make changes to your email notification preferences at any time by contacting [email protected] and asking to be deleted from our mailing lists.
• Using Service Providers. We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of the business, product and service operations that we provide to you (e.g., search technology, email delivery, and merchandise delivery) and therefore we may provide some of your personal information directly to these internal service providers who follow industry standard security policies and are obliged to keep your information confidential.
• Using winedirect.com. Moon Hollow uses the Point of Sale (“POS”) solution hosted at winedirect.com. This is a cloud-based solution supported by full security of the AWS network. The customer data that we enter into the POS system is not visible to Wine Direct or its personnel.
• Analytics. Moon Hollow uses the services of site analytics providers to analyze traffic and usage on the Site. In the course of providing services, such companies may have access to users’ IP addresses on an aggregated basis. We do not make any effort to match IP addresses with other personal information.
• Law Enforcement. Moon Hollow cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you and Moon Hollow. Therefore, in response to a genuine request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can disclose personal information about you.
• Unintended Access. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. In case of a data breach, we would promptly notify our customers.
• Acquisition. In the event of a merger or acquisition, your personal Information may be transferred to the acquiring entity and become subject to the acquirer's data practices.
III. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal details are visible to Moon Hollow’s customer service and management personnel. Your information is stored on our secure servers with industry standard encryption as well as AWS cloud storage through winedirect.com.
We do not sell your personal information. We understand “sale” to be as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and its implementing regulations.
V. DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Some mobile and web browsers transmit "do-not-track" signals. Because at this time there is no general agreement on how companies should interpret do-not-track signals, we do not currently respond to do-not-track signals, whether a signal is received on a computer or on a mobile device.
VI. THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
VII. NEWSLETTER OPT-OUT.
If you have received our newsletter or marketing emails and decide to opt out, we have a simple unsubscribe form that will let you get off our email list. Also, under the member area, you will find a simple form to unsubscribe.
VIII. CONSUMER INQUIRIES AND PRIVACY.
If you have any questions about your privacy, or want to get off our marketing list, simply send us an email to [email protected]
IX. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Subject to your permission or as permitted by law, the personal data that you provide to us may be transferred within Moon Hollow across state or country borders. We have adopted globally recognized privacy principles and only collect and/or share your personal information to the extent it is necessary to conduct business and perform requested services. Where personal data originating from the European Economic Area (EEA) is transferred to countries that are not recognized by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of personal information protection, such transfers are covered by alternate safeguards. These include entering into the appropriate data processing agreements, and if required, EU standard contractual clauses for the transfer of information as approved by the European Commission.
X. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
EEA, United Kingdom and Switzerland Users Only:
If you are a resident of the EEA, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have rights to understand and request how we collect, use, and disclose personal information, to the extent permitted by applicable law:
• Right to access your personal information held by us
• Right to rectify inaccurate personal information
• Right to have your personal information erased or deleted
• Right to restrict our processing of your personal information
• Right to data portability or to transfer your personal information
• Right to object to the processing of your personal information
• Right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effects
If you would like to exercise your privacy rights above, please contact us via email at [email protected]. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your personal information, you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
California Users Only:
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), effective as of January 1, 2020, requires businesses that collect personal information of California residents to make certain disclosures regarding how they collect, use, and disclose such information. California consumers have the right to request the deletion of their personal data, additional information about our use and disclosure of their personal data, and the specific pieces of personal data we have about them. California consumers also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment if they exercise the rights listed above.
Moon Hollow cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Site. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Moon Hollow will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
XII. DATA RETENTION
Moon Hollow has a Record Retention Policy and Schedule (“Policy”) which calls for the deletion of routine business information on a periodic basis according to the type of record and the department that generates it. Some important legal documents are retained permanently as required by the Policy. Many records are deleted after one year. To delete your personal information from our records, or to request corrections to your Information, please contact [email protected]. If you would like a copy of your information on file with us, please contact [email protected].
XIII. PERSONS UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 21 years of age. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 21, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 21, please contact us at [email protected].
XV. CONTACT US